Who I Am

My photo
She sits amid penguins and knits and knits and knits.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My First (at least first written) Original Creation.

I offered to knit a sample for The Scarlet Skein and this is what I came up with.

A Rose Beret for Tracy.

And once again, I have to do things the difficult way! I wanted something special for this very special shop and the lady who owns it. Something that nobody had seen before. Something that shows off the wonderful yumminess of an incredible yarn. Something that would make people say, "I must buy this yarn!" I have been eyeing it since Tracy got it into the shop. Now I had a reason to play with it. The yarn is a locally raised Alpaca in a unique weight. It is heavier than lace, lighter than DK. Not really fingering. The yarn was held double, throughout.
The knitting of the hat may have only taken a day, but the pattern took me forever to debug. Ever try to decode and debug a pattern that is 147 years old? Then try to turn it into something that it was never intended to be? I still wake up screaming….
LOL Nah, I love a good puzzle. This was a great puzzle.

The pattern is available at The Scarlet Skein. Pop on in and take a peek.

2 comments:

AudKnits said...

Congratulations on a beautiful pattern!

Karen said...

Very nice :) Wish I could pop in and get that.